Openings: We have openings of Post-Doc, PhD students, visiting scholars/students from time to time. Please contact me via email if you have interest.
Biography: Cheng LONG is currently an Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From 2016 to 2018, he worked as an academic lecturer at Queen's University Belfast, UK. He received his PhD degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, in 2015, and his BEng degree from South China University of Technology, China, in 2010.
Research Interests: He has research interests broadly in data management and data mining. Specifically, he has been working mainly in three areas, namely (1) machine learning for spatial data management, (2) spatial data mining (in the urban and sports domains), and (3) graph data mining (including dense subgraph mining and graphlet mining). For details of his research, please refer to his research statement and publications.
- Best Paper Award of SIGMOD'20 (Nominee), 2020
- Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Research Scholar Award, provided by Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong, 2014
- Prof. Francis Chin Research Award (Best Research Award), provided by ACM (HK), 2013
- Overseas Research Award, provided by HKUST, 2013
- Professor Samuel Chanson Teaching Assistant Award (Best Teaching Assistant Award), provided by HKUST, 2012
- Champion in 6th Postgraduate Paper Contest, provided by IEEE (HK) Computational Intelligence Chapter, 2012
- Dense Subgraph Mining: Applications, Problems, and Algorithms, KDD.SG (2023); Nanjing UST (2023); WeBank (2022)
- Big Trajectory Data Management and Mining with Reinforcement Learning, BIT (2022); Beihang U (2022)
- Pre-Processing and Querying Big Trajectory Data with Reinforcement Learning, UrbComp 2022 (keynote); Aalborg U (2021)
- Spatial and Spatiotemporal Data Analytics and Their Applications in Urban Cities, VISTEC (2019); Huawei (2019); IIT Delhi (2019)
- Urban Computing: A Data-Driven Approach Towards Smart Cities, SenseTime-NTU Workshop (2018); DiDi Chuxing (2018)