LAM, Kwok Yan
BSc London, PhD Cambridge
Associate Vice President (Strategy and Partnerships), President’s Office
Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
Nanyang Technological University,
Professor Lam is the Associate Vice President (Strategy and Partnerships) and Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He is currently also the Executive Director of the National Centre for Research in Digital Trust (DTC), Director of the Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies and Systems (SCRiPTS), and Director of NTU’s SPIRIT Smart Nation Research Centre. From August 2020, Professor Lam is also on part-time secondment to the INTERPOL as a Consultant at Cyber and New Technology Innovation. He served as the Director of the Nanyang Technopreneurship Center 2019-2022, and as Program Chair (Secure Community) of the Graduate College at NTU 2017-2019. Professor Lam has been a Professor of the Tsinghua University, PR China (2002-2010) and a faculty member of the National University of Singapore and the University of London since 1990. He was a visiting scientist at the Isaac Newton Institute of the Cambridge University and a visiting professor at the European Institute for Systems Security. In 2018, Professor Lam founded TAU Express Pte Ltd, an NTU start-up which specializes in AI and Data Analytics technologies for Smart Cities applications. TAU is a spin-off of the Intelligent Case Retrieval System project, a collaboration between NTU and the Singapore Supreme Court. In 1997, he founded PrivyLink International Ltd, a spin-off company of the National University of Singapore, specializing in e-security technologies for homeland security and financial systems. In 2012, he co-founded Soda Pte Ltd which won the Most Innovative Start Up Award at the RSA 2015 Conference. In 1998, he received the Singapore Foundation Award from the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in recognition of his R&D achievement in Information Security in Singapore. Prof Lam received his B.Sc. (First Class Honours) from the University of London in 1987 and his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in 1990. His research interests include Distributed Systems, IoT Security Infrastructure and Cyber-Physical System Security, Distributed Protocols for Blockchain, Biometric Cryptography, Quantum Computing, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity. In 2020, he authored a Technical Report on the “Application of Quantum Computers for Law Enforcement and Security Communications” for a Singapore Government ministry. Professor Lam is the recipient of the 2022 Singapore Cybersecurity Hall of Fame Award.
· Special Issue on “Cognitive and Intelligent Internet-of-Things for 5G-Enabled Smart City”, IEEE Wireless Communications (CFP Deadline for manuscripts submission January 15, 2021 - Closed).
· Special Issue on “Advances and Challenges in Satellite-Based Industrial Internet-of-Things”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (CFP Deadline for manuscripts submission extended to January 31, 2020 - Closed).
· 2022- , Associate Vice President (Strategy and Partnerships), President’s Office, NTU
· 2022-, Executive Director, National Centre for Research in Digital Trust (DTC)
· 2020- , Consultant on Cyber and New Technologies, INTERPOL
· 2015- , Professor, School of Computer Science & Engineering, NTU
· 2019-2022 , Director, Nanyang Technopreneurship Center, NTU
· 2002-2010, Professor, School of Software, Tsinghua University, China
· 1997-2002, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore
· 1995-1997, Senior Lecturer, National University of Singapore
· 1992-1995, Lecturer, National University of Singapore
· 1990-1992, Lecturer, Royal Holloway, University of London
· 1987-1990, Ph.D., Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, U.K.
· 1984-1987, B.Sc. in Computer Science (First Class Honours), University of London, U.K.
· Asia’s Most Influential Scientist Award, Fortune Times, 2022.
· Singapore Cybersecurity Hall of Fame Award, Association of Information Security Professionals, 2022.
· SPRING Singapore Merit Award, SPRING Singapore, 2016
· Most Innovative Start-Up Award, RSA Conference, 2015
· Singapore Foundation Award (Research & Development), Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 1995
· Cambridge Hong Kong Scholarship, Cambridge Commonwealth Trust, 1987-1990
· Overseas Research Student Award, British Government, 1987-1990
· Coach (Future of Policing and Criminal Investigations), 2nd INTERPOL Young Global Police Leaders Programme (YGPLP), Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 13-17 March 2022.
· Member, Cross Border Data Management Experts Panel, Singapore-China (Shenzhen) Smart City Initiative (SCI), June 2020 –.
· Steering Committee Member, National Satellite of Excellence (NSoE) Steering Committee in Design Science & Technology for Secure Critical Infrastructure (DeST-SCI), Singapore University of Technology and Design, 1 July 2019 – 30 June 2022.
· Independent Reviewer, Dutch Research Council (NWO), August 2019.
· External Reviewer, Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong, February 2019.
· Guest Editor, IEEE Wireless Communications (Special Issue on “Cognitive and Intelligent Internet-of-Things for 5G-Enabled Smart City”), 2020-2021.
· Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (Special Issue on “Advances and Challenges in Satellite-Based Industrial Internet-of-Things”), 2019-2020.
· Chair, Cyber Security WG, SDE Technology Roadmap, Infocomm and Media Development Authority, Singapore, 2018 – 2019
· Technical Committee Member, SDE Technology Roadmap, Infocomm and Media Development Authority, Singapore, 2018 – 2019
· Reviewer for Journal, Nature
· Reviewer for ACM Computing Surveys
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Communications
· Reviewer for IEEE Systems Journal
· Reviewer for IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine
· Reviewer for IEEE Network Magazine
· Reviewer for IEEE Computer Magazine
· Reviewer for IEEE Internet of Things Journal
· Reviewer for IEEE Access
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking
· Reviewer for IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
· Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
· Reviewer for IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation
· Reviewer for Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
· Reviewer for Journal, Computers and Security
· Reviewer for International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection
· External Examiner for Master of Data Science, The University of Hong Kong, 2019-2020.
· External Examiner for Bachelor of Computer Science (Cyber Security) (Hons.) Programme, College of Computer Science and Information Technology, Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN, Malaysia, January 2018 – December 2019
· External Reviewer, Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Innovation Fund Evaluation Panel (IFEP), August 2017
· Principal Investigator, Spectrum Optimization and Mobility Management for LEO Satellite Internet-of-Things ($988,000), Funded by SUTD Future Communications Research & Development Programme (FCP), November 2022 – April 2025.
· Lead Principal Investigator, National Centre for Research in Digital Trust, funded by Infocomm and Media Development Authority (S$50,000,000), October 2022 – September 2027.
· Lead Principal Investigator, Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems, top-up funding by Infocomm and Media Development Authority (S$5,300,000), April 2021 – March 2025.
· Lead Principal Investigator, TRANS Lab SPIRIT Phase 2, Translational R&D for Application to Smart Nation & Digital Government ($12,000,000), April 2021-March 2025.
· Principal Investigator, Smart Nation Internet-of-Things System Threat Analytics, funded by Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, Ministry of Communications and Information ($4,467,400), March 2021 – March 2024.
· Lead Principal Investigator, Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems, funded by Infocomm and Media Development Authority (S$10,000,000), November 2018 – October 2023.
· Principal Investigator, Smart Nation IoT Security Reference Architecture Study, funded by Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, Ministry of Communications and Information (S$780,000), May 2018 – December 2020.
· Co-Lead Principal Investigator, Risk Assessment for Industrial Control Systems, National Cybersecurity R&D (NCR) Grant Call 2016, funded by National Research Foundation (S$1,211,520), October 2017 – September 2019.
· Co-Lead Principal Investigator, Cybersecurity Protocol and Mechanism for e-Logistics of Dangerous Goods Tracking Using Blockchain, National Cybersecurity R&D (NCR) Grant Call 2016, funded by National Research Foundation (S$989,280), September 2017 – August 2019.
· Principal Investigator, ExPReSS: Extensible Platform for Retrieval and Summarization Support, NTUITIVE GAP FUND GRANT (S$250,000), July 2017 – March 2019.
· Lead Principal Investigator, Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technologies (SPIRIT), Translational R&D for Application to Smart Nation, funded by National Research Foundation (S$11,000,000), September 2016 – March 2021.
1. Q. Li, X. Wang, Q. Pei, X. Chen and K.Y. Lam. “Consistency preserving database watermarking algorithm for decision trees”, Digital Communications and Networks (2023), Elsevier, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dcan.2022.12.015.
2. M. Yang, I. Tjuawinata, K.Y. Lam, T. Zhu, J. Zhao. “Differentially Private Distributed Frequency Estimation”, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/TDSC.2022.3227654.
3. T. Zhang, K.Y. Lam, J. Zhao, F. Li, H. Han, N. Jamil. “Enhancing Federated Learning with spectrum allocation optimization and device selection”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/TNET.2022.3231986.
4. M. Yang, K.Y. Lam, T. Zhu and C. Tang. “SPoFC: A framework for stream data aggregation with local differential privacy”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley, https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.7572.
5. F. Li, L. Sun, K.Y. Lam, S. Zhang, Z. Sun, B. Peng, H. Xu and L. Zhang. “Segmentation of Human Aorta Using 3D nnU-Net-Oriented Deep Learning”, Review of Scientific Instruments, AIP Publishing, DOI: 10.1063/5.0084433.
6. F. Li, Z. Sun, K.Y. Lam, S. Zhang, L. Sun and L. Wang. “Reputation-Based Power Allocation for NOMA Cognitive Radio Networks”, Wireless Network, Springer US, DOI: 10.1007/s11276-022-03139-x.
7. K.L. Tan, C.H. Chi and K.Y. Lam. “Secure and Privacy-Preserving Sharing of Personal Health Records with Multi-Party Pre-Authorization Verification”, Wireless Network, Springer US, 2022, DOI: 10.1007/s11276-022-03114-6.
8. H. Yang, K.Y. Lam, L. Xiao, Z. Xiong, H. Hu, D. Niyato and H.V. Poor. “Lead Federated Neuromorphic Learning for Wireless Edge Artificial Intelligence”, Nature Communications, Springer, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-022-32020-W (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-32020-w.pdf).
9. Z. Liu, J. Guo, W. Yang, J. Fan, K.Y. Lam and J. Zhao. “Privacy-Preserving Aggregation in Federated Learning: A Survey”, IEEE Transactions on Big Data, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/TBDATA.2022.3190835.
10. Q. Li, X. Wang, Q. Pei, K.Y. Lam, N. Zhang, M. Dong and V. Leung. “Database Watermarking Algorithm based on Decision Tree Shift Correction”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, Volume 9, Issue 23, pp. 24373-24387, December 2022, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2022.3188631.
11. Y. Sun, H. Xiong, S.M. Yiu and K.Y. Lam. “BitAnalysis: A Visualization System for Bitcoin Wallet Investigation”, IEEE Transactions on Big Data, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/TBDATA.2022.3188660.
12. M. Yang, I. Tjuawinata, K.Y. Lam. “K-means clustering with local dχ-privacy for privacy-preserving data analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, IEEE, Vol. 17, pp. 2524-2537, 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2022.3189532.
13. Z. Li, R. Cao, H. Li, K.Y. Lam, Y. Hu and A. Kot. “One-Class Knowledge Distillation for Face Presentation Attack Detection", IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, IEEE, Vol. 17, pp. 2137-2150, May 2022, DOI:10.1109/TIFS.2022.3178240.
14. F. Li, B. Shen, J. Guo, K.Y. Lam, G. Wei and L. Wang. “Dynamic Spectrum Access for Internet-of-Things Based on Federated Deep Reinforcement Learning”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE, Volume 71, Issue 7, pp. 7952-7956, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2022.3166535.
15. Z. Liu, J. Guo, K.Y. Lam and J. Zhao. “Efficient Dropout-resilient Aggregation for Privacy-preserving Machine Learning”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2022.3163592.
16. H. Yang, J. Zhao, K.Y. Lam, Z. Xiong, Q. Wu and L. Xiao. “Distributed Deep Reinforcement Learning Based Spectrum and Power Allocation for Heterogeneous Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE, March 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2022.3153175.
17. Z. Li, H. Li, X. Luo, Y. Hu, K.Y. Lam and A. Kot. “Asymmetric Modality Translation For Face Presentation Attack Detection”, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, IEEE, October 2021, DOI: 10.1109/TMM.2021.3121140.
18. J. Li, Y. Li, C. Cao and K.Y. Lam. “Conditional Anonymous Authentication with Abuse-Resistant Tracing and Distributed Trust for Internet of Vehicles”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, Volume 9, Issue 11, pp. 8749-8762, June 2022, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3116422.
19. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, Z. Ni, D. Niyato, X. Liu and L. Wang. “Cognitive Carrier Resource Optimization for Internet-of-Vehicles in 5G-Enhanced Smart Cities”, IEEE Network Magazine, IEEE, September 2021, DOI: 10.1109/MNET.211.2100340.
20. H. Han, J. Zhao, W. Zhai, Z. Xiong, D. Niyato, M.Di Renzo, Q-V. Pham, W. Lu and K.Y. Lam. “Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface Aided Power Control for Physical-Layer Broadcasting”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE, August 2021, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2021.3104871.
21. C. Huang, Y. Zhao, H. Chen, X. Wang, Q. Zhang, Y. Chen, H.X. Wang and K.Y. Lam. “zkRep: A Privacy-preserving Scheme for Reputation-based Blockchain System”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, Volume 9, Issue 6, pp. 4330-4342, March 15 2022, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3105273.
22. X. Liu, K.Y. Lam, F. Li, J. Zhao, L. Wang and T.S. Durrani. “Spectrum Sharing for 6G Integrated Satellite-Terrestrial Communication Networks Based on NOMA and CR”, IEEE Network Magazine, IEEE, Volume 35, Issue 4, pp. 28-34, July/August 2021, DOI: 10.1109/MNET.011.2100021.
23. H. Yang, J. Zhao, Z. Xiong, K.Y. Lam, S. Sun and L. Xiao. “Privacy-Preserving Federated Learning for UAV-Enabled Networks: Learning-Based Joint Scheduling and Resource Management”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE, Volume 39, No. 10, pp. 3144-3159, Oct. 2021, DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2021.3088655.
24. K.Y. Lam, S. Mitra, F. Gondesen, X. Yi. “ANT-Centric IoT Security Reference Architecture - Security-by-Design for Satellite-Enabled Smart Cities”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, April 2021, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3073734.
25. F Li, K.Y. Lam, Z Sheng, W. Lu, X. Liu and L. Wang. “Agent-Based Spectrum Management Scheme in Satellite Communication Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE, February 2021, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2021.3059837.
26. X. Li, L. Cheng, C. Sun, K.Y. Lam, X. Wang and F. Li. “Federated Learning Empowered Collaborative Data Sharing for Vehicular Edge Networks”, IEEE Network Magazine, IEEE, Volume 35, Issue 3, pp. 116-124, May/June 2021, DOI: 10.1109/MNET.011.2000558.
27. Y. Zhao, J. Zhao, J. Kang, Z. Zhang, D. Niyato, S. Shi and K.Y. Lam. “A Blockchain-Based Approach for Saving and Tracking Differential-Privacy Cost”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, February 2021, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3058209.
28. M. Yang, I. Tjuawinata, K.Y. Lam, J. Zhao and L. Sun. “Secure Hot Path Crowdsourcing with Local Differential Privacy under Fog Computing Architecture”, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE, November 2020, DOI:10.1109/TSC.2020.3039336.
29. Y. Zhao, J. Zhao, M. Yang, T. Wang, N. Wang, L. Lyu, D. Niyato and K.Y. Lam. “Local Differential Privacy based Federated Learning for Internet of Things”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, November 2020, DOI:10.1109/JIOT.2020.3037194.
30. T. Wang, J. Zhao, Z. Hu, X. Yang, X. Ren and K.Y. Lam. “Local Differential Privacy for Data Collection and Analysis”, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, October 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2020.09.073.
31. M.B. Mollah, J. Zhao, D. Niyato, Y.L. Guan, C. Yuen, S. Sun, K.Y. Lam and L.H. Koh. “Blockchain for the Internet of Vehicles towards Intelligent Transportation Systems: A Survey”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, Volume 8, Issue 6, pp. 4157 – 4185, March 2021, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.3028368.
32. A. Chattopadhyay, K.Y. Lam and Y. Tavva. “Autonomous Vehicle: Security by Design”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE, Vol. 22, No. 11, pp. 7015-7029, November 2021, DOI: 10.1109/TITS.2020.3000797.
33. L. Wang, K.Y. Lam, X. Liu and F. Li. “Resource Allocation in Satellite-Based Internet of Things Using Pattern Search Method”, IEEE Access, IEEE, Volume 8, pp. 110908 – 110914, 2020, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3002834.
34. K.Y. Lam and C. Wilson. “Developing AI for Law Enforcement in Singapore and Australia”, Communications of the ACM, ACM, 63(4), pp62, April 2020, DOI: 10.1145/3378418.
35. M. B. Mollah, J. Zhao, D. Niyato, K.Y. Lam, X. Zhang, A. Ghias, L.H. Koh, L. Yang. “Blockchain for Future Smart Grid: A Comprehensive Survey”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.2993601.
36. H.Y. Ma, E. Huang and K.Y. Lam. “Blockchain-based mechanism for fine-grained authorization in data crowdsourcing”, Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier, 106 (2020), pp. 121–134, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.12.037.
37. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, X. Li, Z. Sheng and L. Wang. “Advances and Emerging Challenges in Cognitive Internet-of-Things”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE, November 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TII.2019.2953246.
38. X. Wang, Z. Na, K.Y. Lam, X. Liu, Z. Gao, F. Li and L. Wang. “Energy Efficiency Optimization for NOMA-Based Cognitive Radio With Energy Harvesting”, IEEE Access, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2940698, Volume 7, pp. 139172 – 139180, 2019.
39. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, L. Meng and L. Wang. “Trading-Based Dynamic Spectrum Access and Allocation in Cognitive Internet of Things”, IEEE Access, IEEE, Volume 7, pp. 125952 – 125959, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2937582.
40. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, H.W. Chen, N. Zhao. “Spectral Efficiency Enhancement in Satellite Mobile Communications: A Game-Theoretical Approach”, IEEE Wireless Communications, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/MWC.001.1900160, 15 October 2019.
41. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, K. Zhao, M. Jia, X. Li and L. Wang. “Spectrum Optimization for Satellite Communication Systems with Heterogeneous User Preferences”, IEEE Systems Journal, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2019.2910230, 26 April 2019.
42. X. Yi, E. Bertino, F.Y. Rao, K.Y. Lam, S. Nepal and A. Bouguettaya. “Privacy-Preserving User Profile Matching in Social Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE, doi: 10.1109/TKDE.2019.2912748, 23 April 2019.
43. X. Yi, Z. Tari, F. Hao, L.Q. Chen, J. Liu, K.Y. Lam, X.C., Yang, I. Khalil, A. Zomaya, “Efficient Threshold Password-Authenticated Secret Sharing Protocols for Cloud Computing”, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2019.01.013, 15 February 2019.
44. S. Badsha, X. Yi, I. Khalil, S. Nepal, D. Liu and K.Y. Lam. “Privacy Preserving User based Web Service Recommendations”, IEEE Access, IEEE, Volume 6, Issue 1, December, 2018, DOI 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2871447.
45. L. Wang, K.Y. Lam, M. Xiong, F. Li, X. Liu and J. Wang. “Spectrum Pricing for Cognitive Radio Networks with User's Stochastic Distribution”, Wireless Networks, Springer US, 16 July 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-018-1799-8.
46. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, J.Y. Hua, K Zhao, N. Zhao and L. Wang. “Improving Spectrum Management for Satellite Communication Systems with Hunger Marketing”, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, IEEE, 17 January 2019, Doi: 10.1109/LWC.2019.2893659.
47. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, Z. Sheng, X. Zhang, K. Zhao and L. Wang. “Q-Learning-Based Dynamic Spectrum Access in Cognitive Industrial Internet of Things”, Wireless Networks and Applications, Springer US, 11 September 2018, DOI 10.1007/s11036-018-1109-9.
48. L. Wang, K.Y. Lam, M. Xiong, F. Li, X. Liu and J. Wang. “Spectrum Pricing for Cognitive Radio Networks with User's Stochastic Distribution”, Wireless Networks, Springer US, 16 July 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-018-1799-8.
49. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, N. Zhao, X. Liu, K. Zhao, and L. Wang. “Spectrum Trading for Satellite Communication Systems with Dynamic Bargaining,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE, Volume 66, Issue 10, pp. 4680 – 4693, Oct 2018, Doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2018.2837909.
50. S. Badsha, X. Yi, I. Khalil, D. Liu, S. Nepal, E. Bertino and K.Y. Lam. “Privacy Preserving Location-Aware Personalized Web Service Recommendations”, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 22 May 2018, Doi: 10.1109/TSC.2018.2839587.
51. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, X. Li, X. Liu, L. Wang and C.M. Leung. “Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks with Heterogeneous Users: How to Price the Spectrum?”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE, Volume 67, Issue 6, pp 5203 – 5216, June 2018, Doi: 10.1109/TVT.2018.2818749.
52. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, L. Wang, Z. Na, X. Liu and Q. Pan. “Caching Efficiency Enhancement at Wireless Edges with Concerns on User's Quality of Experience”, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 2018, Article ID 1680641, 10 pages, 2018. Doi:10.1155/2018/1680641.
53. F. Li, K.Y. Lam and L. Wang. “Power allocation in cognitive radio networks over Rayleigh-fading channels with hybrid intelligent algorithms”, Wireless Networks, Volume 24, Issue 7, pp. 2397 – 2407, Oct 2018. Doi:10.1007/s11276-017-1476-3.
54. F. Li, X. Liu, K.Y. Lam, Z. Na, J. Hua, J. Wang and L. Wang. “Spectrum Allocation with Asymmetric Monopoly Model for Multibeam-Based Cognitive Satellite Networks”, IEEE Access, IEEE, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp. 9713 – 9722, 2018. Doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2797278.
55. A. Burg and A. Chattopadhyay and K.Y. Lam. “Wireless Communication and Security Issues for Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet-of-Things”, Proceedings of the IEEE, IEEE, Volume: 106, Issue: 1, pp. 38 – 60, Jan. 2018. Doi: 10.1109/JPROC.2017.2780172.
56. L. Wang, F. Li, X. Liu, K.Y. Lam, Z. Na and H. Peng. “Spectrum Optimization for Cognitive Satellite Communications with Cournot Game Model”, IEEE Access, IEEE, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp. 1624 – 1634, 2018. Doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2779804.
57. F. Li, K.Y. Lam, J. Wang, X. Liu, K. Zhao and L. Wang. “Joint Pricing and Power Allocation for Multibeam Satellite Systems with Dynamic Game Model”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE, Volume 67, Issue 3, pp. 2398 – 2408, March 2018. Doi: 10.1109/TVT.2017.2771770.
58. P. Vikramkumar, A. Chattopadhyay and K.Y. Lam. “Secure and Lightweight Compressive Sensing using Stream Cipher”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, IEEE, Volume 65, Issue 3, pp. 371-375, March 2018. Doi: 10.1109/TCSII.2017.2715659.
1. J. Fan, L.K. Shar, J. Guo, W. Yang, D. Niyato, K.Y. Lam. “Differentiated Security Architecture for Secure and Efficient Infotainment Data Communication in IoV Networks”, 16th International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS) 2022, December 9-12, 2002, Denarau Island, Fiji, Accepted.
2. Q. Han, J. Zhao and K.Y. Lam. “Facial Landmark Predictions with Applications to Metaverse”, 2022 IEEE 8th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IOT 2022), October 26 – November 11, 2022, Yokohama, Japan, Accepted.
3. B. Huang, Y. Bo, K.Y. Lam and M. Sheng. “A Multi-task Learning Approach for Predicting Intentions Using Smart Home IoT Services”, The 20th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC), November 29 – 2 December 2022, Sevilla, Spain, Accepted.
4. C. Chen, Y. Wang, B. Li and K.Y. Lam. “Knowledge Is Flat: A Seq2Seq Generative Framework for Various Knowledge Graph Completion”, The 29th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2022), October 12-17, 2022, Gyeongju, Republic of Korea, Accepted.
5. P. Si, J. Zhao, H. Han, K.Y. Lam and L. Yang. “Resource Allocation and Resolution Control in the Metaverse with Mobile Augmented Reality”, The 2022 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2022), December 4 – 8, 2022, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Accepted.
6. T. Zhang, Z. Li, Y. Chen, K.Y. Lam and J. Zhao. “Edge-Cloud Cooperation for DNN Inference via Reinforcement Learning and Supervised Learning”, The 15th IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings-2022), August 22-25, 2022, Espoo, Finland, Accepted.
7. H. Yang, K.Y. Lam, J. Nie, J. Zhao, S. Garg, L. Xiao, Z. Xiong and M. Guizani. “3D Beamforming Based on Deep Learning for Secure Communication in 5G and Beyond Wireless Networks”, The Fifth IEEE Workshop on 5G and Beyond Wireless Security (5th Wireless-Sec 2021) held in Conjunction with the 2021 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2021), 2021, pp. 1-6, DOI: 10.1109/GCWkshps52748.2021.9681960. (Winner of Best Paper Award).
8. J. Guo, Z. Liu, K.Y. Lam, J. Zhao and Y. Chen. “Privacy-Enhanced Federated Learning with Weighted Aggregation”, The 7th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2021), November 19-21, 2021, Fuzhou, China. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-7913-1_7.
9. H. Yang, J. Zhao, K.Y. Lam, S. Garg, Q. Wu and Z. Xiong. “Deep Reinforcement Learning Based Resource Allocation for Heterogeneous Networks”, The 17th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob 2021), 2021, pp. 253-258, DOI: 10.1109/WiMob52687.2021.9606402.
10. W.Z. Yang and K.Y. Lam. “Effective Anomaly Detection Model Training with Only Unlabeled Data by Weakly Supervised Learning Techniques”, The 23rd International Conference on Information and Communications Security (ICICS 2021), September 17-19, 2021, Chongqing, P.R. China, LNCS, Vol 12918. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-86890-1_23.
11. H. Yang, J. Zhao, J. Nie, N. Kumar, K.Y. Lam and Z. Xiong, "UAV-Assisted 5G/6G Networks: Joint Scheduling and Resource Allocation Based on Asynchronous Reinforcement Learning," IEEE INFOCOM 2021 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), 2021, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMWKSHPS51825.2021.9484604.
12. Y. Zhao, J. Zhao, W. Zhai, S. Sun, D. Niyato, K.Y. Lam. “A Survey of 6G Wireless Communications: Emerging Technologies”, Future of Information and Communications Conference (FICC) 2021, April 29-30, 2021, Vancouver, Canada. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-73100-7_12.
13. H. Yang, Y. Zhao, Z. Xiong, J. Zhao, D. Niyato, K.Y. Lam, Q. Wu. “Deep Reinforcement Learning Based Intelligent Reflecting Surface for Secure Wireless Communications”, GLOBECOM 2020 - 2020 IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2020, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/GLOBECOM42002.2020.9322615.
14. Y. Huang, F. Wang, A.W.K. Kong and K.Y. Lam. “New Threats against Object Detector with Non-Local Block”, The 16th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2020), 23-28 August 2020, Springer LNCS 12365. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-58565-5_29.
15. F. Gondesen, S. Mitra and K.Y. Lam. “Feasibility of PUF based Authentication on ATtiny devices with off-the-shelf SRAM”, The 6th ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (CPSS 2020), 6 October 2020, Taipei, Taiwan.
16. F. Li and K.Y. Lam. “Resource Optimization in Satellite-Based Internet of Things”, The 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Information and Communication (ICAIIC 2020), February 19-21, 2020, Fukuoka, Japan.
17. W.Z. Yang and K.Y. Lam. “Automated Cyber Threat Intelligence Reports Classification for Early Warning of Cyber Attacks in Next Generation SOC”, The 21st International Conference on Information and Communications Security (ICICS 2019), December 15-17, 2019, Beijing, P.R. China. (Winner of Best Student Paper Award).
18. T. Wang, X. Yang, X. Ren, J. Zhao and K.Y. Lam. “Adaptive Differentially Private Data Stream Publishing in Spatio-temporal Monitoring of IoT”, The 38th International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC 2019), 29-31 Oct 2019, London, UK. DOI: 10.1109/IPCCC47392.2019.8958751.
19. X. Yi, K.Y. Lam, E. Bertino and F.Y. Rao. “Location Privacy-Preserving Mobile Crowd Sensing with Anonymous Reputation”, The 24th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS 2019), 23-27 September, 2019, Luxembourg.
20. X. Yi and K.Y. Lam. “A New Blind ECDSA Scheme for Bitcoin Transaction Anonymity”, The 14th ACM Asia Conference on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2019), July 7th – 2th, 2019, Auckland, New Zealand.
21. Y. Huang, AWK Kong and K.Y. Lam. “Attacking Object Detectors without Changing the Target Object”, The 16th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICA 2019), August 26th – 30th 2019, 2019, Yanuca Island, Cuvu, Fiji.
22. Y.W. Zhao, C. Wang, C.H. Chi, W-J. van den Heuvel, K.Y. Lam and S. Min. “Beyond the Power of Mere Repetition: Forms of Social Communication on Twitter through the Lens of Information Flows and Its Effect on Topic Evolution”, The 2019 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), July 14-19, 2019, Budapest, Hungary.
23. J.L. Guo, W.Z. Yang, K.Y. Lam and X. Yi. “Using Blockchain to Control Access to Cloud Data”, The 14th International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (Inscrypt 2018), December 14-17, 2018, Fuzhou, China, Springer LNCS 11449.
24. B. Srinivasu, P. Vikramkumar, A. Chattopadhyay and K.Y. Lam. “CoLPUF: A Novel Configurable LFSR-based PUF”, Proceedings of the 14th Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS 2018), October 26-30, 2018, Chengdu, China. Doi: 10.1109/APCCAS.2018.8605643.
25. Y. Huang, A.W.K. Kong and K.Y. Lam. “From the Perspective of CNN to Adversarial Iris Images”, IEEE 9th International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems (BTAS 2018), October 22-25, 2018, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
26. S. Bose, M. Raikwar, D. Mukhopadhyay, A. Chattopadhyay, K.Y. Lam. “BLIC: A Blockchain Protocol for Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management of ICs”, The 2018 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain-2018), July 30 – 3 August 2018, Halifax, Canada.
27. Y.W. Zhao, C. Wang, C.H. Chi, K.Y. Lam and S. Wang. “A Comparative Study of Transactional and Semantic Approaches for Predicting Cascades on Twitter”, Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI -18), July 13-19, 2018, Stockholm, Sweden, pp 1212-1218, doi:10.24963/ijcai.2018/169.
28. V. Pudi, A. Chattopadhyay, K.Y. Lam. “Efficient and Lightweight Quantized Compressive Sensing Using Mu-Law”, 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2018), May 27-30, 2018, Florence, Italy, IEEE. Doi: 10.1109/ISCAS.2018.8351505.
29. M. Raikwar, S. Mazumdar, S. Ruj, S.S. Gupta, A. Chattopadhyay, K.Y. Lam. “A Blockchain Framework for Insurance Processes”, 1st International Workshop on Blockchains and Smart Contracts (BSC) in conjunction with the 9th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (IFIP NTMS), February 26-28 2018, Paris, France, IEEE. Doi: 10.1109/NTMS.2018.8328731.
30. A. Chattopadhyay and K.Y. Lam. “Security of autonomous vehicle as a cyber-physical system,” The 7th International Symposium on Embedded Computing and System Design (ISED), Durgapur, 18-20 December, 2017, pp. 1-6, IEEE. doi: 10.1109/ISED.2017.8303906.
31. S Sau, J. Haj-Yahya, M.M. Wong, K.Y. Lam and A. Chattopadhyay. “Survey of Secure Processors”, 2017 International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS 2017), 17-20 July, 2017, Pythagorion, Greece, IEEE. Doi: 10.1109/SAMOS.2017.8344637.
32. V. Sidorov, W.K. Ng, K.Y. Lam, M.F. Bin Mohamed Salleh. “Implications of Cyber Threats for the Design of Unmanned Air Traffic Management System”, The 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS’17), FL, USA, June 13-16 2017.
33. K.Y. Lam. Securing the Internet of Thing: Cybersecurity from IT to OT, Chapter in Navigating the Digital Age, 35-44, Forbes Media, 2016.
34. K.Y. Lam, C.H. Chi. “Identity in the Internet-of-Things (IoT): New Challenges and Opportunities”, ICICS 2016: 18-26, Springer.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Method for Generating Cryptographic Key from Biometric Data, Granted on 30 October 2009 (P-No. 139580). Singapore patent application number 200604906-8.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Methods of Robust Multi-Factor Authentication and Authorization and Systems Thereof, Granted on 31 July 2012 (P-No. 175860). Singapore patent application number 201108062-9.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Method and System of Secure Computing Environment having Auditable Control of Data Movement, Granted on 31 July 2013 (P-No. 185640). Singapore patent application number 201208478-6.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Method and System of Secure Computer File Management and Storage having High Level of Usability, Granted on 10 March 2016. Singapore patent application number/Patent Number 11201510347T.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Privacy-Preserving Neural Network Based on FHE Scheme, Fast Track Provisional Filing, 24 February 2022. Singapore provisional patent application number 10202201824W.
· Lam Kwok Yan, et. al. Optimization Of FHE Scheme For Non-Linear Functions: An Efficient Design For LUT-Based Non-Linear Function Evaluation, Fast Track Provisional Filing, 13 May 2022. Singapore provisional patent application number 10202205037W.
· Ph.D. Candidates
§ HUANG Yi: Designing Adversarial Signals Against Three Deep Learning and Non-deep Learning Methods (completed June 2021)
§ GUO Jiale: Privacy-enhancing Mechanisms for Security Data Access and Analysis (completed September 2022)
§ YANG Wenzhuo: Machine Learning Techniques for Advanced Cyber Attack Detection (completed August 2022)
§ TANG Kheng Leong (Part-time): Secure and Privacy Preserving Sharing of Personal Health Records with Multi-Party Pre-Authorization Verification (completed December 2022)
§ LI Zhi: Cross-domain Face Presentation Attack Detection Techniques with Attention to Genuine Faces (submitted)
§ LIU Ziyao: Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning (submitted)
§ CHEN Chen: Natural Language Processing and Text Mining
§ FAN Jiani: Internet-of-Vehicle
§ ZHANG Tinghao: Federated Learning
§ HAN Qiao (Part-time): Machine Learning
§ HUANG Elmo: Multi-Party Computation
§ SI Peiyuan: Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning
§ PENG Minyi: Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning
§ ZHENG Qichen: Privacy-Preserving Analytics
§ YE Huanyi: Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning
· M.Eng. Candidates
§ HUANG Elmo (Part-time): Permissioned Blockchain for Data Provenance in the Supply Chain with Fine Grained Data Authorization (completed May 2021)
§ LIM Lucas (Part-time): Privacy Preserving Data Analytics in Financial Inclusion and Crowd Computing (completed May 2022)
§ CHU Zhaowei (Part-time): Natural Language Processing
§ SHEN Jiyuan: Preserving-Preserving Neural Network
§ SHEN Bowen: Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning